VMware Virtualization Essentials Online Training
This five-day classroom course is designed for university students, university graduates, and those looking for a career change in the IT industry. This course provides you with a strong understanding of VMware virtualization concepts and VMware virtual machine features in VMware vSphere® 6.0. This course will give you an understanding of VMware data center, cloud, and desktop products. By combining lecture and hands-on lab sessions, this course will help you gain the skills required to work effectively with VMware virtual machines. After completing this course, you may enroll in advanced vSphere courses.
- Basic IT fundamentals of compute, memory, storage, and network
- Review course goals
- Review course objectives
- Review the course outline
- Find additional resources after this course
Data Center Fundamentals
- Identify the characteristics of servers
- Specify how to access servers remotely
- Describe server redundancy and how it benefits data centers
- Describe the characteristics of storage, including RAID levels, local versus shared storage, and SAN versus NAS storage
- Describe VMware virtual storage concepts
- Identify the basic characteristics and components of networks
- Define database terminologies
- Describe the fundamental components and concepts behind data center virtualization
VMware Virtual Infrastructure Overview
- Compare the components and concepts of traditional architecture and virtual architecture
- Identify the benefits of virtual architecture
- Describe the VMware virtualization infrastructure
- Describe server virtualization concepts
- Identify vSphere components, including vCenter Server, VMware ESXi™, and VMware vSphere® Client™
- View and describe virtual network and storage components
- Describe inventory objects managed by vSphere
- Describe the main features of vCenter Server
Using vSphere Web Client
- Identify the differences between the vSphere
- Client and VMware vSphere® Web Client interfaces
- Access, navigate, and customize vSphere Web Client
- Use vSphere Web Client to monitor and manage vSphere objects
- Perform searches in vSphere Web Client
- Describe how roles and permissions can be assigned to users and user groups through vSphere Web Client
Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
- Create and manage virtual machines
- Install a guest operating system and VMware Tools™
- Describe how to use clones and templates to manage virtual machines
- Describe the importance of content libraries
- Configure virtual machines
- Use snapshots to manage virtual machines
- Describe how raw device mapping enables a virtual machine to directly access and use a storage device
- Describe virtual machine resource monitoring concepts
- Use vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms to monitor virtual machine resource usage
- Describe and monitor tasks
- Describe, monitor, and manage events
- Describe, monitor, manage, and acknowledge alarms
Allocating Resources to Business Functions in vSphere
- Describe CPU and memory resource management techniques used in ESXi
- Use virtual machine resource controls to allocate CPU and memory resources
- Use resources pools to hierarchically allocate CPU and memory resources
Managing Multitiered Applications Using vSphere vApps
- Describe a vApp
- Create a vApp
- Add objects to a vApp
- Edit vApp settings
- Clone a vApp
- Manage the power operations of a vApp
Migrating Virtual Machines in vSphere
- Describe the operation and benefits of vSphere vMotion and vSphere Storage vMotion
- Use vSphere vMotion to migrate a live virtual machine
- Use vSphere Storage vMotion to migrate a live virtual machine’s data
Distributing Virtual Machine Workloads in vSphere
- Describe the operation and scalability benefits of vSphere DRS
- Configure a vSphere DRS cluster and resource pools
- Describe the operation and scalability benefits of VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™
- Describe the operation and cost benefits of VMware vSphere® Distributed Power Management™
High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Describe the operation and availability benefits of vSphere HA
- Configure a vSphere HA cluster
- Describe the operation and availability benefits of VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Configure a virtual machine for fault tolerance
Extending vSphere Capabilities
- Explain how VMware products and features work together to reduce the costs and improve the efficiency, availability, flexibility, and manageability of your data center
VMware Cloud Fundamentals
- Describe the concepts of cloud computing
- Define the types of cloud computing
- Differentiate between SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Explain common IT challenges faced by organizations using cloud computing
- Describe VMware products that are part of the VMware cloud solution
- Identify solutions for cloud computing challenges
keen Technologies basically offers the online instructor-led training. Apart from that we also provide corporate training for enterprises.
Our trainers have relevant experience in implementing real-time solutions on different queries related to different topics. keen Technologies also verifies their technical background and expertise.
We record each LIVE class session you undergo through and we will share the recordings of each session/class.
If you have any queries you can contact our 24/7 dedicated support to raise a ticket. We provide you email support and solution to your queries. If the query is not resolved by email we can arrange for a one-on-one session with our trainers.
You will work on real world projects wherein you can apply your knowledge and skills that you acquired through our training. We have multiple projects that thoroughly test your skills and knowledge of various aspect and components making you perfectly industry-ready.
Our Trainers will provide the Environment/Server Access to the students and we ensure practical real-time experience and training by providing all the utilities required for the in-depth understanding of the course.
If you are enrolled in classes and/or have paid fees, but want to cancel the registration for certain reason, it can be attained within 48 hours of initial registration. Please make a note that refunds will be processed within 30 days of prior request.
The Training itself is Real-time Project Oriented.
Yes. All the training sessions are LIVE Online Streaming using either through WebEx or GoToMeeting, thus promoting one-on-one trainer student Interaction.
There are some Group discounts available if the participants are more than 2.
As we are one of the leading providers of Online training, We have customers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India and other parts of the world.
No Reviews found for this course.