OEM ( Oracle Enterprise Manager) Online Training
Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g/12C is designed to manage the software and hardware evolved by the oracle corporation. It’s a set of tools for both oracle and non oracle web based management solutions for testing, operating, deploying, monitoring, resolving, diagnosing and monitoring issues. It’s simply the extension of the oracle enterprise manager grid control. It allows the end users to have a wide range of benefits of cloud computing. It completely manages the cloud life cycle management with oracle stack.
- Understand policies and evaluate policy violations.
- Perform common troubleshooting tasks.
- Use Information Publisher to generate custom reports.
- Create jobs to perform commonly-run tasks.
- Describe the architecture of Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Create administrators and roles.
- Monitor and manage the Enterprise Manager Grid Control framework.
- Define and monitor services and service levels.
- Perform a single-server install.
- Describe the available upgrade paths.
- Describe a 1&2-system upgrade scenario.
- Plan and execute a 1&2-system upgrade from Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Describe the architecture of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control.
PRE-REQUISITES: Good Knowledge of Linux, Database Control and Fusion Middle Ware Control
- Key Challenges for Administrators
- What Is Enterprise Manager Cloud Control?
- Built-in and Integrated Manageability
- This Course in Context
- Course Schedule
- Classroom Setup
2.Enterprise Manager Core Concepts
- Review Oracle Enterprise Manager architecture
- Security (high level)
- Controlling the Cloud Control Framework
- Self-Monitoring and Maintenance
- Backup and Recovery: Repository, OMS and OMA, Software Library
- Viewing Log Files and Trace Files
- Targets discovery (review)
- Administration Hierarchy
- Target Properties
4.Roles and Privileges
- Who can define Roles and Privileges
- Privileges and Roles Uses
- Define monitoring standards
- Setting and using metric thresholds
- Using Monitoring Templates and templates collection
6.Managing Events and Incidents
- Metric Thresholds and Settings
- Define and manage incidents
- Distinguish between incidents and problems
- Monitor problems (including incidents flooding)
- Use incident rule sets
- Describe the processing priority of rules and notifications
- Corrective Actions
- Incidents Dashboard
7.Using Notifications, Blackouts and Brownouts
- Define Blackouts and Brownouts, benefits
- Monitoring Service
- Receiving Alerts and Notifications
- Metric Extensions
8.Using the Job System
- Core Concepts and Tasks: what is new in EM 13c
- Understand job privileges
- Distinguish predefined jobs for your user-defined ones
- Create and manage jobs of different types
- Creating a Multi-Task Job
- Use the job library
- Enable job notifications
- View job activity
9.Managing Systems and Services
- Workflow for Systems and Services
- Define and administer systems
- Viewing the System Topology
- Define and create services, service types
- Define and monitor the availability of a service
- Discuss the use of beacons
- Define and monitor service levels
- Specifying Service Level Rule Elements
10.Patching and Provisioning
- Software life-cycle management
- Provisioning and patching
- Software library review
- Use of Deployment Procedure Manager
- Deployment procedures and use cases
- Bare metal provisioning
- Software patching: modes and workflow
- Software Upgrades
- What Is Configuration Management?
- Viewing Configurations
- Comparing Configurations
- Searching the Enterprise Configuration
- Configuration topology
- Compliance Management
- Define compliance management: framework, standards, and rules
- Describe the predefined compliance functionality
- Assign compliance standards to targets
- View the results: score and importance
- Point out the doc Oracle® Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Oracle Database Compliance Standards
13.Producing and Using EM Reports Using BI Publisher
- Information Publisher vs BIP: IP deprecated
- BIP intro and configuration basics
- Using Oracle-Provided BIP Reports
- Reporting on Targets
- Workflow for Creating Reports
- Schedule, save, and email reports
- Publish Enterprise Manager Reports
keen Technologies basically offers the online instructor-led training. Apart from that we also provide corporate training for enterprises.
Our trainers have relevant experience in implementing real-time solutions on different queries related to different topics. keen Technologies also verifies their technical background and expertise.
We record each LIVE class session you undergo through and we will share the recordings of each session/class.
If you have any queries you can contact our 24/7 dedicated support to raise a ticket. We provide you email support and solution to your queries. If the query is not resolved by email we can arrange for a one-on-one session with our trainers.
You will work on real world projects wherein you can apply your knowledge and skills that you acquired through our training. We have multiple projects that thoroughly test your skills and knowledge of various aspect and components making you perfectly industry-ready.
Our Trainers will provide the Environment/Server Access to the students and we ensure practical real-time experience and training by providing all the utilities required for the in-depth understanding of the course.
If you are enrolled in classes and/or have paid fees, but want to cancel the registration for certain reason, it can be attained within 48 hours of initial registration. Please make a note that refunds will be processed within 30 days of prior request.
The Training itself is Real-time Project Oriented.
Yes. All the training sessions are LIVE Online Streaming using either through WebEx or GoToMeeting, thus promoting one-on-one trainer student Interaction.
There are some Group discounts available if the participants are more than 2.
As we are one of the leading providers of Online training, We have customers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India and other parts of the world.