Oracle Core DBA
Oracle Core DBA Course Content:
- Types of Databases.
- Duties of a DBA, Classifications of DBA.
- Oracle Versioning and versions history
- Grid ? Advantages of Grid Computing.
- What is Instance? What is Database? What is Database Server?
- Users the DBA interacts with.
- Supported OS.
- Introduction to Linux OS.
- Linux File Layout structure.
2.Installation of Linux OS
- OS Users.
- Installation process.
- Disk layout.
- Different mount points used by oracle.
- Swap Area.
- Creation of User groups.
- Oracle needed file layout.
3.Installation of Oracle Software
- Fulfilling prerequisites for installation.
- Setting up environment.
- Post Installation scripts.
- Changes done to the OS files after installation is complete./etc directory, /home/oracle directory, global inventory, oracle home.
- Database files introduction.
- Table spaces and Schemas.
- Control files introduction.
- PFile Introduction, Creation and default parameters(10g/11g).
- Instance States.
- Database Creation Manually and Using DBCA.
5.Background processes and Different stages of Database
- Instance Start, Mount and Open states.
- Dynamic views related to database.
- Oracle memory layout.
- Background processes.
- Instance states more detailed.
- How to look for background processes.
6.Database objects and Tablespaces
- Introducing putty and VNC server(How it works in realtime environment).
- Sys owned objects.
- Data Dictionary.
- User Created objects.
- Sys Tablespaces.
- User Tablespaces.
- Dictionary Managed Tablespace, Locally managed tablespace.
- Bigfile tablespace.
- Managing tablespaces.
- Managing datafiles.
- Datafiles layout, Internal organization.
- Tables and Fragmentation.
7.Threads and Redo log groups
- Archive log, No Archive log.
- Threads and Groups concepts.
- Multiplexing Redo logs.
- Log switching.
- Different stages of Log files.
- Processes related to online Redo logs.
- Adding Threads, Groups.
- Dropping Threads, Groups.
8.Oracle Memory architectureDifferent components of memory(10g/11g)
- Dedicated Server and Shared Server.
- SGA and PGA, Differences between them.
- Different Stages of a query.
- Parsing: Hard parsing and Soft parsing.
- Different stages during an update statement.
- Different types of Indexes.
- Views related to indexes.
- Index reorganization.
- Statistics collection on indexes.
9.Networking and Remote ConnectionsTNS
- Listener.ora file.
- Tnsnames.ora file.
10.Views and Materialized views
- Types of views.
- Database links.
- Materialized views.
- Refreshing materialized views.
- Processes related to materialized views.
- Problems with materialized views refresh.
11.Users, Privileges, Roles and Responsibilities
- Security and Passwords(10g/11g).
- User Creation.
- Creating Roles.
- Assigning Privileges, Roles and Responsibilities.
- Dropping users.
- Revoking privileges.
- Password file. Remote sys connect.
12.Pfile and spfile
- Types of parameters(static and dynamic).
- Managing spfile.
- Creating pfile from spfile and vice versa.
- Changing parameters dynamically.
- Details stored in control files.
- Creating, Backing up and Recreating control files.
- Scenarios when a control file needs to be created.
- Changing the Instance name and Database name
- Types of Failures.
- Types of backups.
- Logical Backups using ImpDP, ExpDP(Data Pump).
- Transportable tablespaces.
- Physical backups.
- Cold Backups and Hot Backups.
- Generation of redo during hot backups. Fuzzy blocks.
- Complete recovery using cold backups.
- Complete recovery using hot backups.
- Partial recovery using cold backups.
- Partial recovery using hot backups.
- Different scenarios in performing recoveries.
- UNNAMED datafiles during recovery.
- Cold cloning.
- Hot cloning.
- RMAN tool introduction.
- Catalog mode No-Catalog mode.
- Configurations of RMAN.
- Hot backups using RMAN.
- Backing up Databases, Archivelogs and Controlfiles.
- Channels and Multiple copies.
- Tuning RMAN backups process.
- Retention policies.
- Incremental backups, Cumulative backups.
- Restoration using RMAN.
- Recovery using RMAN.
- Cloning databases using RMAN.
- Migrating databases using RMAN.
- Restoration from Incremental Backups and Cumulative Backups.
19.Automatic Storage Management(ASM)
- Striping and Mirroring.
- RAID concepts.
- ASM concepts and file systems.
- Background processes used by ASM.
- CSS daemon.
- Creating Disk groups and Redundancy.
- RMAN backups in ASM.
- Migrating a NON-ASM database to ASM.
- ASMCMD command-line tool.
- md_backup and md_restore.
20.Patching and Upgrades
- Patches and Patch sets.
- Upgrading within releases.
21.Database Migrations between releases
- Migration from 10g to 11g.
- Standby databases.
- Physical Standby databases and Logical Standby databases.
- Different modes of Protection and Availability.
- Creating Standby databases.
- Managing Databases in a Data Guard Environment.
- Switchover and Failover.
- Data Guard Broker.
- Categories of tuning.
- Areas of tuning.
- SQL Tuning.
- Memory Tuning.
- Disk I/O tuning.
- Tools used for tuning.
- Waits and Contention.
- Latches and Spins.
- Locks and Lock Resolution.
- AWR reports, ADDM reports.
- Oracle Database Replay.
24.Oracle Enterprise Manager and Grid Control
- Maintaining everything for OEM.
- RMAN from OEM.
- Data Guard from OEM.
- AWR Reports and ADDM.
- Tuning from OEM.
keen Technologies basically offers the online instructor-led training. Apart from that we also provide corporate training for enterprises.
Our trainers have relevant experience in implementing real-time solutions on different queries related to different topics. keen Technologies also verifies their technical background and expertise.
We record each LIVE class session you undergo through and we will share the recordings of each session/class.
If you have any queries you can contact our 24/7 dedicated support to raise a ticket. We provide you email support and solution to your queries. If the query is not resolved by email we can arrange for a one-on-one session with our trainers.
You will work on real world projects wherein you can apply your knowledge and skills that you acquired through our training. We have multiple projects that thoroughly test your skills and knowledge of various aspect and components making you perfectly industry-ready.
Our Trainers will provide the Environment/Server Access to the students and we ensure practical real-time experience and training by providing all the utilities required for the in-depth understanding of the course.
If you are enrolled in classes and/or have paid fees, but want to cancel the registration for certain reason, it can be attained within 48 hours of initial registration. Please make a note that refunds will be processed within 30 days of prior request.
The Training itself is Real-time Project Oriented.
Yes. All the training sessions are LIVE Online Streaming using either through WebEx or GoToMeeting, thus promoting one-on-one trainer student Interaction.
There are some Group discounts available if the participants are more than 2.
As we are one of the leading providers of Online training, We have customers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India and other parts of the world.
No Reviews found for this course.