EDI stands for Electronic Data Interchange. SAP EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) module is a component of SAP ERP. SAP EDI lessens costs and enhances reliability of business partner communication. SAP EDI offers the same reliability, ease-of-use one expects from all SAP applications.
SAP EDI ( Electronic Data Interchange ) course covers introduction to EDI, EDI implementation guidelines, SAP system architecture, field data mapping, inbound IDOC processing, outbound IDOC processing etc.
2. List of Topics:
- Why do EDI?
- EDI origin and history
- Difference between X12, EDIFACT and XML
- Basic components and technology needed to perform EDI
- Communications software, VAN’s and interconnects
- How EDI transactions are transmitted, received, translated/processed and tracked between trading partners
- Understanding standards manuals
- Understanding EDI trading partner implementation guides
- What is EDI data mapping?
3. Intermediate Data Mapping Curriculum
- File definitions
- Application data types (fixed length, delimited, named records, etc.)
- Application data vs. EDI data
- Map Editor and Mapping
- Data conversion
- Conditional / logical expressions
- Common mapping hurdles
- Troubleshooting and debugging techniques
- Inbound 850 Map
- Administering Maps
- Outbound 810 Map
- Mapping Best Practices
- What is Business Process?
- Discuss Business Process Modeling
- Understand how to create a business process using the Graphical Process Modeler
4. Intermediate BP Curriculum
- Inbound Business Processes
- Viewing Business Process Result
- Outbound Business Processes
- What is Sterling B2B Integrator?
- How to set up a trading partner
5. Intermediate SI Curriculum
- Discuss the basics of Sterling B2B Integrator
- Be Familiar with Sterling B2B Integrator User Interfaces
- Explain the Components of Sterling B2B Integrator
- Understand how to install the Graphical Process Modeler
- Understand how to execute and track a Business Process
- Explain how Sterling B2B Integrator uses BPML and XPath
- Understand how to Configure Services
- Understand how to Install the Map Editor
- Introduction to Property Files
- Understanding data processing flows
- Reporting tools (ex. FA report)
- Logs and error reports
6. EDI Best Practices Class Curriculum
- Getting started
- Business rules/Process flow
- Communications protocols – difference among and benefits of various protocols
- Mapping best practices
- Object Version Management
No Reviews found for this course.